Commercial truck accidents in Brunswick, Georgia, pose an exceptionally high risk of catastrophic injuries and fatalities for victims due to their size. These massive vehicles, often weighing up to 80,000 pounds, can cause devastating damage in collisions. Their longer stopping distances mean that emergency braking can be challenging, and their sheer mass can lead to severe impacts. Victims of commercial truck accidents are at a heightened risk of tragic fatalities and life-altering injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and multiple fractures.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a commercial truck accident in Brunswick, the time to act is now. The Law Offices of Jorge Luis Flores, LLC, led by proven Brunswick truck accident attorney Jorge Luis Flores, has the skills, experience, and resources to take on powerful trucking companies, other defendants, and large insurance carriers to maximize your financial compensation. Reach out to us today for a free case evaluation.
Potential Liable Parties in Truck Accidents
Our Brunswick truck accident attorneys are committed to identifying the following potential liable parties to maximize your damages in trucking accidents:
- Truck Driver: If the truck driver’s negligence, such as speeding, distracted driving, or driving under the influence, contributed to the accident, we will hold them accountable.
- Trucking Company: The trucking company may share liability due to factors like improper maintenance, driver scheduling violations, or hiring inexperienced or unqualified drivers.
- Maintenance and Repair Entities: If inadequate maintenance or faulty repairs on the truck played a role in the accident, we will explore the potential liability of maintenance and repair entities.
- Cargo Loading Companies: Poorly loaded or unsecured cargo can lead to accidents. If a cargo loading company is responsible, our Brunswick truck accident lawyers will pursue a personal injury claim against them.
- Part Manufacturers: If a defective truck part or component contributed to the trucking accident, the manufacturer of that part may be held liable.
- Government Entities: In cases where road conditions or signage contributed to the accident, government entities responsible for road maintenance may be liable.
- Other Parties: Depending on the circumstances, other parties such as shippers, contractors, brokers, or leasing companies may be liable.
Evidence Our Attorneys Collect to Prove the Trucking Company’s Liability
When it comes to proving the liability of the trucking company in your commercial truck accident case in Brunswick, our attorneys are dedicated to collecting compelling evidence on your behalf.
- Driver Records: We will obtain and review the truck driver’s records, including their employment history, training, certifications, and driving logs to assess their qualifications and compliance with regulations.
- Work Logs: Hours of service (HOS) logs are crucial in determining whether the driver exceeded allowable driving hours, contributing to driver fatigue and resulting in common truck accident injuries.
- Maintenance and Inspection Records: We will investigate the truck’s maintenance and inspection records to identify any history of mechanical issues or failures that may have contributed to the accident.
- Employment Contracts: Reviewing the employment contracts and agreements between the trucking company and the driver can clarify the responsibilities and obligations of each party.
- Dispatch Records: Dispatch records can help establish whether the trucking company pressured the driver to meet unrealistic delivery schedules, potentially contributing to the accident.
- Black Box Data: Many commercial trucks are equipped with electronic control modules (ECMs), or “black boxes,” that record data about the vehicle’s speed, braking, and other critical information leading up to the accident.
- Witness Statements: Eyewitness accounts of the accident can be invaluable in establishing liability. We will interview witnesses and gather their statements to corroborate the events of the accident.
- Truck Company Policies: We will review the trucking company’s policies and procedures to determine whether they are in compliance with federal and state regulations and industry standards.
- Electronic Communication: We will investigate electronic communications, such as emails or messages, between the trucking company and the driver to assess their communication regarding scheduling, deadlines, and safety concerns.
- Accident Reconstruction: In some commercial truck accidents, accident reconstruction experts may be consulted to recreate the accident and provide insights into how it happened.
- Expert Testimony: We may engage expert witnesses, such as trucking industry experts, automotive engineers, or accident reconstruction specialists, to provide professional opinions on liability.
How Much are Most Truck Accident Settlements?
The amount of a truck accident settlement in Brunswick, Georgia, can vary significantly depending on various factors, such as the extent of serious injuries, amount of medical bills and income loss, liability issues, insurance coverage, and the negotiation skills of your attorney.
In cases involving catastrophic injuries, extensive medical treatment, long-term disability, or wrongful death, our attorneys may be able to obtain millions of dollars in settlements on behalf of the injured victims or the families of those who lost a loved one.
At The Law Offices of Jorge Luis Flores, LLC, our experienced personal injury attorneys will assess the specific circumstances of your case, calculate the damages you are entitled to, and negotiate with the responsible parties or their insurance companies to pursue the maximum settlement possible.
Why Choose Us
When it comes to legal representation after a traumatic truck accident in Brunswick, GA, choosing The Law Offices of Jorge Luis Flores, LLC is the best decision you can make. Founded by Attorney Jorge Luis Flores in 2002, our firm boasts over two decades of dedicated service, making us one of the most experienced and respected practices in the region.
Our commitment to justice, our ability to go to trial, and a formidable track record of settlements and verdicts puts us in a strong negotiating position with the defendants, and has resulted in the recovery of millions of dollars for our clients. We understand the profound physical, emotional, and financial toll that a truck accident can take on victims and their families.
Our experience in commercial truck accident cases and car accident cases across Georgia gives us a clear edge. We have successfully litigated and supervised the prosecution of numerous injury-related claims, with multiple settlements exceeding a million dollars. We are prepared to deal with the intricate nuances of these cases, including federal regulations, industry standards, and the tactics often employed by trucking companies and their insurers.
Our commitment goes beyond numbers and results. We are committed to you. Our bilingual staff, fluent in both English and Spanish, ensures effective communication and excellent service for a diverse range of clients.We are here to support you, fight for you, and ensure that justice is served. Your well-being is our priority, and your quest for compensation starts with us. Call The Law Offices of Jorge Luis Flores, LLC at (404) 566-8702 or contact us online, and let’s begin the journey toward securing the compensation and justice you rightfully deserve.