Determining liability in serious bus accidents in Brunswick, GA can be complex, as it might involve multiple parties, including the bus operator, bus owner, and the entity responsible for bus maintenance and oversight. Due to their size and weight, bus accidents have the potential to cause catastrophic injuries and fatalities.
When it comes to legal representation for bus accident injuries in Brunswick, Georgia, you need the lawyers at The Law Offices of Jorge Luis Flores, L.L.C. who not only understand the intricacies of the commercial bus accident laws, but also have the ability and resources to take on large bus companies, school or government agencies, and other powerful defendants to maximize your rightful damages.
Georgia Code Title 46 – Public Utilities and Public Transportation
At The Law Offices of Jorge Luis Flores, LLC, our personal injury lawyers utilize their in-depth knowledge of these laws to establish liability of the negligent parties and negotiate maximum compensation for your medical expenses, wage loss, and pain and suffering.
O.C.G.A. § 46-7-12.1
This statute focuses on the responsibilities of common carriers of passengers in the context of transporting children. It mandates the use of child passenger safety restraint systems when transporting children. This is an important safety measure to protect the well-being of young passengers during transit.
O.C.G.A. § 46-7-25
This section specifies safety and equipment standards for vehicles used by carriers to transport passengers, which could include buses. Compliance with these requirements may be relevant in cases involving bus accident claims, where vehicle safety and maintenance are critical factors.
Evidence Our Brunswick Bus Accident Attorney will Collect to Prove Negligence
- Accident Reports: We will obtain the bus accident report filed by law enforcement and other relevant authorities, which often contain vital information about the accident’s circumstances.
- Eyewitness Testimony: Statements from individuals who witnessed the accident are invaluable in corroborating the events leading to the collision and assessing negligence.
- Driver Records: We will scrutinize the bus driver’s records, including their driving history, qualifications, and any past violations or infractions.
- Video Footage: If available, surveillance footage from the bus, other vehicles, or traffic cameras can provide a visual record of the accident’s occurrence.
- Eyewitness Accounts: We will gather statements from passengers on the bus, as their firsthand accounts can shed light on the events leading to the accident.
- Expert Analysis: When necessary, we may consult accident reconstruction experts and other specialists to provide professional opinions on the circumstances of the accident and the negligence involved.
- Bus Maintenance Records: The records of maintenance and repairs for the bus can be instrumental in assessing whether negligence in vehicle upkeep contributed to the accident.
A Brunswick Bus Accident Lawyer Can Prove the Bus Company’s Liability in a Fatigue-Related Bus Accident
Our lawyers are well-equipped to prove bus driver fatigue and establish a connection to the bus company or bus owner’s potential role in pressurizing or incentivizing bus drivers to work excessively. To build a compelling case, we will use the following evidence:
Driver Logs and Records: In all claims for bus crashes, we will scrutinize the driver’s logs and records to identify patterns of extended working hours, inadequate rest breaks, and violations of federally mandated hours of service.
Witness Testimony: We may seek testimony from fellow employees, supervisors, or other individuals to provide insights into company practices, such as unrealistic schedules, strict deadlines, or incentives tied to excessive work hours.
Company Policies and Contracts: We will examine company policies, contracts, and agreements with drivers to identify any clauses or practices that may have pressured or incentivized drivers to work longer hours, potentially at the expense of rest and safety.
Incident and Accident History: If there is a history of auto accident or incidents involving driver fatigue within the company, we will use this as evidence during our negotiations with the insurance company to demonstrate a pattern of negligence.
Federal Regulations: We will ensure compliance with federal regulations that set limits on driving hours, rest periods, and other safety standards for bus drivers. Any violations can be used to establish negligence and bolster your bus accident claim.
Choose Our Experienced Brunswick Bus Crash Attorneys to Maximize Your Compensation
At The Law Offices of Jorge Luis Flores, LLC, our aim is to build a robust case that establishes negligence and secures the compensation you need in the aftermath of a bus accident. Do not wait; reach out today, and let our accident lawyers pave the way to your financial recovery for your medical bills, income loss, and pain and suffering. To schedule your free consultation, call us at (404) 566-8702 or contact us online.